|Job Title||Digital Sales Specialist|
|Min Experience||5 Years|
Digital Sales Specialist
The Digital Sales Specialist is responsible for generating digital revenue primarily through coordinated sales calls with account executives deployed at Local Market Group hubs. The DSS will provide expertise with digital advertising and prospective clients and display an ability to generate revenue across all platforms according to the client’s needs. This individual will work with the sales team to prepare for client presentations and to assist in the individual assessment for each client and work together to come up with individual proposals tailored to each client’s need. Because of your past success and outstanding future earnings potential, you'll only give serious consideration to opportunities that offer:
· High earnings potential with an un-capped commission structure
· A fast-paced environment and culture conducive to the sales process
· The chance to work alongside other high achievers at a proven market leader
· Visible, acknowledged and recognized sales
· Advancement potential and professional development opportunities
You'll be the senior sales leader, working with the print sales team and their current list of customers in the digital space. You'll provide coaching to prepare for client presentations and assisting in the individual assessment for each client. This will require a strong grasp of digital technology and our available products so you can work together to come up with individual proposals tailored to each client need. You will go on calls with team members to help close clients, bring clients who aren’t using digital on board, and help bring the sales team to a higher level of comfort and aptitude with our products.
· Coach small teams of Account Executives in value-based selling, and develop their knowledge of digital media.
· Exceed established revenue goals.
· Proactively identify opportunities not uncovered by the sales team.
· Develop and maintain relationships with marketing executives and advertising agencies.
· Maintain and optimize campaigns and renew or up-sell.
· Serve as a marketing consultant by providing industry insights through up-to-date knowledge of industry trends.
· Build relationships/partnerships through networking.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Keys to Success
To excel in this role you'll need to have strong experience in advertising sales, with a great understanding of prospecting and the consultative environment. It would also be helpful if you have a good deal of experience in the digital space with knowledge of impressions, reach extension, behavioral targeting, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
To be a good fit for the Digital Sales Specialist opportunity, you will have:
· A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience and success in digital media sales, preferably selling at the enterprise level
· Comprehensive knowledge of needs-based selling techniques
· Proven success increasing sales in a competitive marketplace
· CRM sales management software experience with a leading platform; salesforce.com is highly preferred
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· An assertive, goal-oriented and self-motivated mindset
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· The ability to work effectively as a member of a team and individually
· Passion for digital advertising
· Prospect, propose and close new digital campaigns while expanding existing client programs through a team-selling approach
· Coach Account Executives to grow business by representing our most advanced digital products and ensuring campaigns are properly implemented, monitored and optimized
· Meet with clients along with Account Executives, providing expertise in digital advertising solutions as well as guidance on needs-based selling to include pre-call planning, need assessments, proposals, and closing techniques.
· The product suite includes graphical displays ads on cleveland.com and ad networks, mobile, video, text, apps, digital directories, search engine marketing, search engine optimizations, social media optimizations and print
This is an outside role and you will need a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. You may travel overnight, but it will be rare.