|Job Title||Corporate Tax Manager|
|Min Experience||4 Years|
This position will be the lead role in overseeing and coordinating all Tax Compliance and related accounting and reporting for the entire corporation. This role is responsible for ensuring all compliance is completed by required deadlines. Will have extensive interaction with finance personnel and business partners throughout the organization. Serve as point person on special projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Finance and work closely with outside consultants to implement tax planning ideas. Additionally this role will provide support for multiple areas including but not limited to property tax, licensing, tax planning, and income & S&U tax audits.
· Prepare quarter-end and year-end income tax provisions.
· Oversee all statutory compliance deadlines in the time frame directed by management.
· Oversee federal and state income tax estimates.
· Lead coordination, preparation and review of corporate and partnership federal and multi-state income returns.
· Review and recommend improvements to current tax return filing positions.
· Coordinate state by state apportionments.
· Assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of accrued income tax liabilities.
· Ability to research and interpret new law changes and proposals, income tax issues, and evaluate their impact on the company’s tax structure.
· Analyze tax laws and assist in planning company activities to minimize tax burden and maximize cash flows within the confines of the tax laws.
· Assist with tax audits, including preparation of responses to document requests, preparation of appeals and other correspondence.
· Coordinate and analyze notices and correspondences from various regulatory agencies and prepare responses.
· Liaison with outside tax consultants and independent auditors.
· Coordinate and review property tax data and return information.
· Assist with special projects as assigned.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Possess strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to lead and assist on large, multiple time sensitive projects
· Strong commitment to excellent customer service
· Possess strong tax technical and research skills
· Advanced knowledge of Windows based spreadsheet and word processing software
· Familiar with general ledger accounting, financial reporting, and fixed asset software
· Good communication skills - verbal and written
· Ability to work independently
· Highly organized and able to work with and direct others
Education and Experience
· Education: Qualified professionals must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other financial discipline
o 4-6 years of income tax experience with focus on domestic income tax issues, including federal, state and local income tax compliance, IRS and state audits and external audit reporting
Thorough knowledge and demonstrated
experience of ASC 740
· CPA or MBA
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common specific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or Board of Directors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.